Joe's Necessary Evil Game
At its core, Necessary Evil is a game about resistance fighters battling an alien occupation of the Earth. Player characters form a cell of super-humans, most of them ex-villains, who strike back against the alien oppressors using whatever means available.
Your villains’ particular story is its own, and is defined by the characters personal motives, goals, and actions. The majority of the villains’ adventures are chosen by the team, with the odd mission forced upon them.
The year is 2004. The Earth has been under the control of the V’sori Empire for over two years. Humans with extraordinary abilities, commonly known as superpowers, have existed for nearly a century. Those who used their powers for altruistic reasons were known as superheroes. It is believed somewhere around 98% of them have been killed by the V’sori.
Various resistance movements have been quashed by the V’sori, but the most promising has only just begun to act—Omega. Omega was started by the greatest criminal mastermind of the modern age, Dr. Destruction. Its members are largely made up of former superhumans the world once called villains. Dr. Destruction has said that only he is the rightful ruler of the earth—"not some alien scum from the back corners of the galaxy.
Omega is organized into cells, each of which is only aware of the other members of its own cell to prevent betrayal. Cells are contacted with their mission information through blind drops, secret codes, and most commonly, encoded radio broadcast.
A few thing to know about character creation.
- The V’sori Empire’s occupation of Earth has been for a little over two years.
- Although you may or may not of been resisting the V’sori, you are not yet part of the resistance.
- The game will start with you having been arrested some time in the last two days. So think up what your character was doing when they got captured.
- SPAWM. Speed, Power, Air, Water, Magic. W can also be Weather or Wind.
- Or like a fire guy, that would be cool.